- 1 lb. ground beef
- can of tomato sauce, I believe it's 16 oz. its the next size up from 10 oz. ?
- packet of chili seasoning
- 1 bx Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat & drain.
- Add chili seasoning & tomato sauce. Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Mix Jiffy cornbread mix, milk & egg together.
- Using a muffin tin, put one spoonful of chili mixture to each cup. I use a 12 cup tin.
- Then put a spoonful of the cornbread mixture on top of each, leaving a small space at the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before scooping out.
- The little bit of sweet taste from the cornbread is perfect!
- I usually have a bit of chili left, so the Hubby uses it for extra on his plate.
- Any other chili left over can be refrigerated and used for chili dogs the next night!